Propulse Tracker is an Amiga ProTracker compatible tracker with an Impulse/Schism Tracker style user interface. It is open source and currently runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
If you prefer the classic ProTracker interface you should check out ProTracker clone instead.
This page used to be the page for PoroTracker, which was basically the same program, but closed source and for Windows only, built with Delphi 2010 instead of FreePascal. The screenshots here are from PoroTracker, but Propulse looks identical.
- Super accurate playback engine based on work by 8bitbubsy (itself based on a disassembly of the original Amiga ProTracker); things like black_queen.mod, MPT test cases and even the_ultimate_beeper.mod play correctly. You can also choose whether the EFx effect should be played as in ProTracker editor or like the PT playroutine plays it.
- Familiar Impulse/Schism Trackerish interface with familiar keyboard commands
- Customizable keybindings, colors, fonts of any size, etc.
- Integrated mouse-driven sample editor
- Show and edit effects in either Impulse or ProTracker format (e.g. Dxy vs. Axy)
- WAV export with optional looping and fade out
- Render selection to sample, remove unused stuff from module, perform common file operations from within the program, etc...
- MOD - Loads and saves Amiga ProTracker modules (including load support for 15-sample Ultimate SoundTracker mods, NoiseTracker, and PowerPacked files)
- P61A - Imports The Player 6.1a crunched modules
- IT - Imports Impulse Tracker modules
- Samples: IFF 8SVX, WAV, raw
- Pattern editor
- Configuration screen
- Sample list with sample editor
- Message log showing results of module import
Need more features or documentation? Found a bug? Post on the forums or find me on IRC! (IRCnet: hukkax, #protracker)